Skip to main content

12 QUOTES ON INNER STRENGTH


‘The sun shines not on us, but in us.’- John Muir

‘We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.’- Joel Osteen

‘What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.’- Otto Rank

‘It always surprised him when he thought of it later that he did not sink under the load of despair’- Chinua Achebe

‘Dig deep and empower yourself today. Stand in your inner strength. Be uniquely you.’- Amy Leigh Mercree

‘I think that generally, people of the world typify a ‘free and wild’ person as someone who’s uprooted, detached and uninhibited. But I don’t believe in that kind of freedom. I think that’s an infantile concept. Freedom means something when it has escaped something! Those people who escaped things- their inner cages, cages set by others around them- when those people are able to roam free and say, ‘This is who I am because this is who I choose to be’ ; THAT is freedom. Freedom is being so smart that you develop a strength strong enough to break free and become your own person. A better person than what your circumstances would like to define you as.’- C.Joybell

‘Write your dreams in a journal, notebook, card or a cork. When you pen down your dreams, an inner strength, a divine power is activated for you to work towards the fulfillment of your dreams’- Lailah Gifty Akita

‘You will meet many opponents in your time that will come face to face with your flaws, trust the chaos, pain and confusion is the pathway to break open and become free.’- Nikki Rowe

‘It’s essential you create a fiery will from within- harness that power of decisiveness- and choose to be your strongest self.’- Karen Salmonsohn

‘Life’s trials will test you, and shape you, but don’t let them change who you are.’- Aaron Lauritsen

‘The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.’- Thomas Paine

‘Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.’ – Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOKITA

 EPISODE 3 ‘Oya sorry now, we’re almost there.’ Felix kept saying as he partially carried his dear friend.  She wouldn’t hear the last of this episode once it was over, that much he knew! ‘Awww…you don’t know how painful awww… this is’ ‘Sorry, sorry’ ; he kept saying So they eventually got to the ER and after pulling out her card, used ‘medical student connection’ to see the resident that was on call in Internal Medicine unit. ‘Hello dear’ , Dr. Brown said, looking keenly at the girl that was almost doubled over in pain ‘I think you should lie down on that couch’ ‘What exactly is the problem?’ ‘She just started complaining about her abdomen about half an hour ago’ ‘Oh’. ‘Can you point to where exactly the pain started?’ he asked ‘Here’ . Linda pointed to the area around her umbilicus. ‘Have you had any episode of vomiting?’ ‘No sir’ Felix answered spontaneously. ‘You must be her boyfriend, right?’ Dr.Brown asked, with a mischievious grin ...

DOKITA

EPISODE 5 ‘So, really, whose patient is she?’ Doctor Afuarida asked with impatience written all over his face Bola indicated, her body language reeking of timidity, ‘Sir, she was supposed to be my patient, but I haven’t been able to clerk her’ ‘Oh, really? She was supposed to be?’ ‘Do you even have any other patient on the ward?’ ‘Ehm…no sir. But my other patient has just been discharged’ ‘Please, leave my ward round. You are obviously unprepared to truly learn the art of medicine.’ She knew better than to plead and therefore, walked out with the little dignity she still had left. He continued lecturing the rest of the students ‘You know, whatever you do now will speak later in life and especially in your medical career. If you want to be a good doctor, it definitely begins from now- taking responsibility’ Dr.Amao, please give me a summary on this patient ’22 year old female, had appendectomy done. 1 st day post-op. Mild pain at op-site. Currently on IV Met...

WANNABE INTERN

Week 2 Message to the Pre-Intern: don’t lose hope! Week 2, for me, was 2 months post-induction. This was when the wait began to sink in. You mean I’ve been home for two whole months? By now, I was literally chewing on my fingernails. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t scared of getting a space, but I certainly wasn’t confident about any place anymore. That is when I began to write this book. Today is the 12th of September and I sit at the dining table in my parents’ house, typing at 11:27pm (because well, I have an editing job to finish up, but mostly because I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow morning). If I don’t want to, I don’t even have to take a bath tomorrow morning because well, I can stay indoors all day! (I most likely will stay indoors, except for those few minutes when I step out to buy hot akara for my akamu). I am spent. You know, I have applied to a couple of places now. Let me start with the first: LS Health Service Commission At the State Health servic...