Skip to main content

20 QUOTES ON PRAYER


‘No learning can make up for the failure to pray. No earnestness, no diligence, no study, no gifts will supply its lack.’-E.M Bounds

‘Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one bothered to ask.’- Billy Graham

‘…True prayer is measured by weight, not by length. A single groan before God may have more fullness of prayer in it than a  fine oration of great length.’- C.H Spurgeon

‘Prayer is not learned in the classroom but in the closet.’- E.M Bounds

‘I have seen many men work without praying, though I have never seen any good come out of it; but I have never seen a man pray without working.’- James Hudson Taylor

‘If Christians spent as much time praying as they do grumbling, they would soon have nothing to grumble about.’- Anonymous

‘Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.’- John Bunyan

‘Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.’- Soren Kiekegaard

‘Spending time with God through prayer and His Word is a prerequisite for having a great life and fulfilling your purpose.’- Joyce Meyer

‘If any of you should ask me for an epitome of the Christian religion, I should say that it is in one word-prayer. Live and die without prayer, and you will pray long enough when you get to hell.’- Charles Spurgeon

‘Prayer is a man’s greatest power!’- W. Clement Stone

‘In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer.  Sometimes, my prayer was ‘help me’. Sometimes my prayer was ‘thank you’. What I’ve discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away.’- Iyanla Vanzant

‘Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.’- Oswald Chambers

‘Faith in a prayer –hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian’- Anonymous
;’Sometimes when your child talks, your friends cannot understand what he says; but the mother understands very well. So if our prayer comes from the heart, God understands our language.’- D.L. Moody

‘To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.’- Carl Barth

‘Prayer meetings are the most difficult meetings to sustain because they are the most spiritual meetings of the church.’- Charles Finney

‘Those persons who know the deep peace of God, the unfathomable peace that passeth all understanding, are always men and women of great prayer.’-R.A Torrey

‘To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.’- Martin Luther

‘If you cannot trust God for the temporal, how dare you trust him for the eternal?’- Charles Spurgeon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WANNABE INTERN

Week 2 Message to the Pre-Intern: don’t lose hope! Week 2, for me, was 2 months post-induction. This was when the wait began to sink in. You mean I’ve been home for two whole months? By now, I was literally chewing on my fingernails. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t scared of getting a space, but I certainly wasn’t confident about any place anymore. That is when I began to write this book. Today is the 12th of September and I sit at the dining table in my parents’ house, typing at 11:27pm (because well, I have an editing job to finish up, but mostly because I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow morning). If I don’t want to, I don’t even have to take a bath tomorrow morning because well, I can stay indoors all day! (I most likely will stay indoors, except for those few minutes when I step out to buy hot akara for my akamu). I am spent. You know, I have applied to a couple of places now. Let me start with the first: LS Health Service Commission At the State Health servic

CLINICALLY: CLERKING AND CLECKING

A typical medical practitioner knows all about this process of clerking, this is basically the first thing he does when attending to a patient i.e. he clerks. Clinically, clerking involves: 1.       History Taking- involves taking demographic data, noting the main presenting problems, past medical history, history of main presenting complaint, family history, occupational history, drug history, alcohol history e.t.c. Basically, it helps in determination of symptoms. 2.       Physical Examination- is useful in the elicitation of signs of the disease in question. 3.       Provisional and differential diagnosis: the clinical history and physical examination conducted will help the clinician arrive at provisional diagnosis, from which he arrives at a differential diagnosis. 4.       Management Plan- involves investigative procedures (e.g. haematological investigations) as well as a treatment plan for the diagnosed disease. How about clecking? Clecking is not a word that’s us
ALL THESE ENDLESS STUDYING !… On exams and fear All these comparing and measuring ourselves by ourselves! Its so wrong and self-limiting. All these numerous, bulky, endless exams in medical school can get even the strongest of us  jittery! However, the most successful person isn’t the one whose prime goal is a 100% on the scoresheet but those with the excellent mentality that to be a good doctor, you have to have the requisite knowledge. Just to remind us of our prime focus,  which is true excellence that comes, not from passing an exam from excelling superbly at what you do:  “Medicine is more than the application of scientific facts to treat people. If your highest goal is to simply pass the exams, you may still succeed but the journey will be fraught with much anguish. However, if you remember that someday, you can relieve the suffering of one individual or save just a person’s life from what you’d learn each day as you study, all your efforts will take a new meaning and purp